Funstock.co.uk are looking for an intern to join the team in a Community Manager / PR role.
We are looking for a dedicated person to be responsible for all of our social media, PR and video content. We need someone with passion and knowledge of the golden era of gaming capable of setting your own agenda and strategy, with the single goal of generating traffic and sales.
Funstock has a unique approach to retailing operating multiple niche channels that specialize in key markets rather than a single store which tries to sell everything to everyone. Through close community links and credible products and content our goal is for our channels to be destinations for real games fans, therefore the role of Community Manager is critical to our success.
We are the UK and Europe’s number one retro games store! Home of classic games, retro gamer gifts, retro gaming consoles, classic video game merchandise and retro gamers accessories. Includes: NeoGeo, Atari, SEGA, Nintendo, Amiga, Commodore, ColecoVision, IntelliVision, ZX Spectrum, Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac Man, Zelda, Space Invaders, Retron, Retro-Bit, JXD, Bitmap Books & more!
About Funstock Digital:
Funstock Digital are the UK’s fastest growing PC games download store delivering great value and outstanding service Worldwide! We have new PC games, PC game pre-orders, back catalogue, latest PC games for Windows, Steam Keys, Origin Keys, Uplay keys and more!
About Rice Digital:
Rice Digital is dedicated to bringing you news, previews, reviews and features on the latest Japanese games. We also sell the Japanese releases that we like the most – this includes retail console games as well as lesser-known Japanese indie and doujin games.
Whether you’re into shmups, 2D fighters, jrpgs or visual novels – or everything in between – we hope you’ll find something to enjoy here.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating video content for our YouTube and other video channels
- Managing all of Funstock’s social media (creating content, networking with affiliates and responding to customer enquiries)
- Dealing with Press
Your key objectives will be:
- Manage our community in a professional and competent manor
- Traffic / Views
- Social savvy – competent at using Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / YouTube / Reddit
- Video editing skills – some level of competence in video editing
- Photo editing skills – some level of competence in photo editing
- Comfortable in front of camera – creating weekly video updates
Preferred skills (but not essential):
- Love / Passion for gaming
- Experience with a web CMS (such as WordPress)
This is a unique opportunity to work in the games industry, spending every day making videos, talking to people on social media and networking with industry journalists. If I didn’t already have a job, I’d apply for this one myself!
It will be a paid position with scope to progress based on your performance. It will be initially set out as a 6-month contract with a view to making this permanent. Our previous 6-month employee was taken on as a full time employee and we plan on continuing this process.
You will be required to work from our Bawtry Hall (Doncaster) office. Monday-Friday, 9-5.30pm.
How to apply:
We require 2 videos:
1) You playing any game of your choice (modern or retro). You need to showcase your presenting skills and voice over ability. You can do this in whatever style you like. The only requirement is to make the game sound interesting. The objective would be to try and sell the game and / or product using the video.
2) A YouTube video of why we should hire you, showcasing your video editing skills and your understanding of social media.
Please send both videos as private YouTube video’s to [email protected], with the subject heading “Community Manager Position”