[ [ [ POSITION NOW FILLED ] ] ]
Europe’s number one retro gaming destination (Funstock.co.uk) and the nation’s fastest growing digital download platform (FunstockDigital.co.uk) are looking for an intern. We need somebody who can start pretty much right away and there’s a job at the end of it if you have what it takes!
What are we looking for?
- Can follow instructions
- Can work to a tight schedule
- Comfortable using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Comfortable using online CMS’s (such as WordPress)
- ‘Web-savvy’ – competent using the internet to find information
- Social-media aware – knowledge of key social media channels and common practices/etiquette
What will I be doing?
- Creating and publishing news articles – finding new and interesting topics and writing about them
- Creating and publishing information pieces – such as FAQ’s about our products
- Supporting the team in different projects – this can range from searching the internet for new and exciting products to creating databases of relevant websites and pages relating to our industries.
- Supporting the team with social media content – we have a network of over 15,000 retro gamers across our social media profiles and we like to engage with them as frequently as possible. We work together to come up with new and exciting ideas for content to share.
- Creating products/web pages
- Monitoring our SEO performance and making recommendations (training will be provided)
- Tracking key analytics and creating reports (training will be provided)
What will be my responsibilities?
Your main responsibility will be generating web traffic. Experience in creating and running your own website is preferred but not essential. We will provide all required training.
What will I learn?
You will learn everything you need to know about working for an online retailer and everything that goes around it. You will be reporting directly to the General Manager, who has built Funstock.co.uk to be Europe’s leading retro gaming destination in just over 12 months. You will also work with the Digital Marketing Developer who has worked with our GM for the last few years and will be able to teach you a lot about maintaining retail and editorial websites.
Where will I work?
We have offices all over the country. Please let us know where you currently live as part of your application. This is one of our offices for example, Bawtry Hall in Doncaster:
What are the hours?
We work 9am – 5.30pm. Our team usually start much earlier and finish later, but you will not be expected to.
Is this a long term opportunity?
Yes – we have a full time position available for somebody who can come in and prove they are an essential part of our team. We are a rapidly growing business and we are part of a large group of companies (meaning you will get experience across multiple industries).
The position available is a 6 – 9 month internship working and training alongside the team with the expectation of a permanent position at the end of this period.
Is the internship paid?
Yes – rate will be based on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter (detailing why we should hire you) to Andy Pearson at [email protected]