Job Description – Site Editor and Community Manager
We are looking for a confident writer and community manager to manage our Rice Digital (Japanese culture) and Funstock Retro (retro gaming) editorial websites and social media profiles.
This is an exciting opportunity to come into an editorial post managing sites with hundreds of thousands of visits each month, along with social media communities of impressive sizes.
This is a hands on role and you will be the sole resource – so you need to be a super practical, hands on operator. Not a delegator. If you want a role where you can come in and make a difference, this is the role for you.
You will be responsible for managing the site content and social media content / community for the following brands:
- Web traffic currently around 100,000 per month – 500,000 in its peak
- Facebook 89,700, Twitter 9,846, Instagram 2,079, YouTube 5,337
- Web traffic currently around 60,000 per month – 150,000 in its peak
- Facebook 38,000, Twitter 16,700, Instagram 6,800, YouTube 2,500
You will be required to create the following kinds of content for both websites:
- Daily news articles (relentlessly finding newsworthy topics daily)
- Regular features (you will have pretty much free reign for content ideas here)
- Lists (Top 10 etc)
- Interviews (you must be comfortable reaching out to game developers etc)
- Opinion pieces (your take on current topics – within our brand style)
- Reviews (reviewing new products and games)
You will be required to:
- Relentlessly pursue more engagement and a bigger community
- Post regular social media content (multiple posts per day) on both profiles
- Manage community interaction – replying to comments and joining in discussions
- Attend key events (with some worldwide travel potentially)
- Live reporting on key events (such as Nintendo Direct as an example) – with real time editorial and social media commentary
- Upload trailers and videos to our YouTube channels (if you feel comfortable, you will be able to present in front of the camera, however this is not required of the role)
- Proficient writing skills with experience with WordPress or other similar CMS
- Good understanding of social media networks and managing a community
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Basic understanding of analytics
How you will be assessed:
This role has been created to grow the traffic of the websites and to build the social media communities.
Your top level objective will be to help grow the brand of Rice Digital and Funstock Retro, by bringing traffic to the websites and growing the social media community sizes.
Your key deliverables will be:
- Website traffic – we will be looking for consistent growth
- Social media engagement – growth over time
- Social media community – growth over time
Tools for assessing:
- Google Analytics for web traffic
- Sprout Social reports for social media
- Comfortable working to a deadline
- Self motivated and driven
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Good personal skills
- Keen gamer
- The role is based in our Letchworth office
- Working hours 9am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday
- 25 days paid holiday
- Salary – dependant on experience
How to apply:
Email [email protected] with your CV and covering letter.
There will be a phone interview and then formal interviews in person for those who pass the phone interview.
We need someone to write interesting articles on our websites and post content and engage with people on our social media accounts.